Cinema Guide - Event Cinemas Gold Class
Indooroopilly, Chermside & Garden City Cinemas
Check out their website by clicking here.
The Event Gold Class cinemas were Brisbane's first "luxury" cinemas. I remember going to the opening of the Indooroopilly Gold Class cinemas in 1998. Garden City though was the first. There are only a few screens at each location with each cinema holding no more than 50 people. Fully licensed with waiters serving you during the film, it's the cinema for those extra special occasions when you're out to impress.
Movie Quality & Range - 5 out of 10
Yes, they have the brand new releases but rarely will you see a film of much substance (unlike The Blue Room). I wish they would show some more adventurous stuff but at the high prices they charge, I understand why they rely on standard releases.
Cinema Quality & Service - 9 out of 10
Gold class sure is good. You can go for a drink in the private bar before the movie. You can be escorted into your seat before the movie. You can drink alcohol and eat small meals (I've even ordered a pizza) to eat on your side-tables. You can recline your seat fully (and fall asleep if the movie's no good). You can even request specific times during the movie for the staff to bring in your orders.
It may cost a small fortune but it's the complete package in terms of movie-going. I've seen a few small instances of bad service but nothing too extreme. You might also like to book early if going because these movies do sell out quickly and sitting in the front row doesn't offer the full "gold class" experience.
Price - 2 out of 10
The following pricing information is current as at December 2010.
| || ||Adult||Conce- |
|Fri Night, Sat and Sun||$39.00||$39.00||$39.00|
|Fri Night, Sat and Sun - 3D||$42.00||$42.00||$42.00|
| ||Other Nights 3D||$35.00||$35.00||$35.00|
| ||Other Days (before 5pm)||$25.00||$25.00||$25.00|
| ||Other Days (before 5pm) - 3D sessions||$28.00||$28.00||$28.00|
· Tickets can be bought on-line through the Event Cinemas website for an additional $3.25 fee. Yikes.
· The great thing with booking on-line is that you can reserve a specific seat. This prevents you having to get to the cinema extra early so as not to be stuck in the front row.
· The prices above are a disgrace. I know these are boutique cinemas but you can get a much fairer deal at the Blue Room Cinebar.
· Yep, these are the most expensive candy bar prices in Brisbane too!
· As the cinema is licenced, overpriced beer and wine is also available in additional to traditional candy bar offerings.
To check out my thoughts on other cinemas in Brisbane, click here.